Mobile Agent App Benefits
Contact Center Agent without Desktop PC
Comstice Mobile Agent App is a Cisco Finesse client on IPhone and Android. It helps agents that have no access to Desktop PCs to login as an agent and receive customer calls through their mobile phone.
Access to Customer CRM Data
Using the built-in mobile browser, agent can access to the CRM or ticket details of the calling customer and update the customer data. Comstice Mobile Agent App can integrate with any web-based CRM platform such as SalesForce, ZenDesk and display customer data.
Agent Selection based on Geolocation
Geolocations of mobile agent app users can be monitored centrally using Comstice Location Server hosted in your network. Once calling party's geolocation is identified either using speech recognition or a front desk agent, the call can be routed automatically by Cisco UCCE to the nearest agent available.
Comstice Mobile Agent with Cisco UCCX
Cisco UCCX uses Cisco CUCM Extend and Connect feature to help Finesse agents to login without any Cisco phone or softphone. Comstice Mobile Agent app for Cisco Finesse utilises Extend and Connect feature to deliver customer calls to agent mobile phones.
- Cisco UCCX v10 or higher, Cisco CUCM v9.0 or higher
- Cisco IM and Presence Server v9.0 or higher
Configuring Cisco UCCX
Cisco UCCX utilises Cisco CUCM Extend and Connect feature to allow agents to use non-Cisco device to receive customer calls. By default, Cisco Extend and Connect feature creates a permanent call to the third party phone as soon as agent logs as Cisco Finesse agent. This is obviously not acceptable in mobile phones, therefore we need to disable "Persistent Connection" feature in Cisco UCCX.
Go to Cisco UCCX Admin page > System > System Parameters > Persistent Connection and select "Disable"
Configuring Extend and Connect
Here are the main steps for configuring Cisco CUCM and CUPS for Comstice Mobile Agent in Cisco UCCX. The detailed steps can be found here;
1. Please make sure that Cisco IM and Presence Server pre-installation tasks are
2. Add Cisco IM and Presence Server into Cisco CUCM Cluster;
System > Server > Server Type > IM and Presence
3. Install Cisco IM and Presence Server as a Cisco CUCM Subscriber
4. Activate and start the IM and Presence services in Cisco Unified Serviceability
5. Create Presence Redundancy Group in Cisco CUCM;
System > Presence Redundancy Groups> Add New
6. Create UC Services for CTI and IM and Presence in Cisco CUCM;
User Management > User Settings > UC Service
Add UC Service for CTI
7. Add another UC Service for IM and Presence in Cisco CUCM. Try to use the same naming convention given above.
8. Create a new Service Profile in Cisco CUCM and select CTI and IM&Presence UC Services you created;
User Management > User Settings > Service Profile
9. Create an end user in Cisco CUCM for the agent or modify the existing end
user for the agent.
In the Service Settings section, select Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence (Configure IM and Presence in the associated UC Service Profile) and then in UC Service Profile, select the profile that you created.
In the Mobile Information section, select Enable Mobility.
In Permissions, add Standard CCM End user and Standard CTI enabled.
Navigate to User Management > Assign Presence End Users. Click the Agent User ID that you want to set up and then choose Assign Selected Users.
10. Make sure that Cisco CUCM trunks and Route patterns are set up to call agent mobile phone numbers in Cisco CUCM.
11. Create a Presence Gateway in Cisco IM and Presence Server
12. Cisco CUCM simulates the user's device with CTI Remote Device feature. Create a new CTI Remote Device for the agent;
Device > Phone > Add New > CTI Remote Device
13. Complete the relevant settings in the Device Level such as CSS etc.
14. Add remote destination to the device. Please make sure that any outside prefixes are included to dial the agent mobile phone number.
15. On the remote destination settings, you can name the remote destination as mobile
Also select "Enable Extend and Connect".
Go back to the device level in the CTI Remote Device and select;
16. Configure Line 1 in CTI Remote Device;
- - Add an extension and calling permissions
- - Set Maximum Concurrent: 2 Busy Trigger: 1
- - Associate the Line to the CUCM End User you created for the Finesse agent. (at the bottom of the page)
- - Set No Answer Ring Duration to 25
17. (Optional) Configure Cisco UCCX Scripts Select Resource Step;
Click Connect Yes and set the Ring Time as 20 seconds.
This helps to avoid calls to be taken back to the queue by Cisco UCCX if call establishment gets delayed.
18. (Optional) Create a CUCM Application User for accessing Corporate Directory: Comstice Mobile Agent app can access Cisco CUCM Corporate Directory, find and dial contacts. In order to do that, you need to create an application user in Cisco CUCM and let Comstice know about its details.
Application user also needs to have AXL API Access. You can create a new role User Management > User Settings > Role and add AXL API Access
Then User Management > User Settings > Access Control Group and assign the role from the top right dropdown "Assign Roles to Access Control Group"
This will help Comstice Mobile Agent app to access CUCM Corporate Directory and Active Directory contacts if they are both integrated.