How can we integrate Cisco CUCM (Callmanager) with Amazon Connect? What are the use cases, benefits, limitations, and features? In this post, we will answer all these questions.
Amazon Connect is a cloud telephony service by AWS, positioned as a call center-centric service in the cloud. Integrating Cisco CUCM, Cisco's core enterprise telephony technology with Amazon Connect can offer interesting use cases, particularly in remote working scenarios as well as communicating with the partner and franchise networks. Comstice desktop and mobile solutions can help to achieve this integration and offer many key enterprise telephony features both in mobile and desktop use.
How It Works:
Amazon Connect is a WebRTC-Based telephony and call center service. Comstice desktop and mobile softphones can act as Amazon Connect softphones as well as standalone WebRTC phones which can be integrated into Cisco CUCM. Same client can make and receive VoIP calls from Cisco CUCM and Amazon Connect on the desktop and the mobile.
Figure 1: Cisco CUCM Amazon Connect Integration Topology
- It can be used to migrate the remote working staff to Amazon Connect while they can still communicate with Cisco Callmanager endpoints, make and receive PSTN calls through Cisco CUCM voice trunks.
- For mobile workers as an alternative to Cisco Jabber and Cisco MRA (Mobile and Remote Access), this solution can offer better features and functionality.
- For creating a franchise telephony network; Franchise partners, retail sales points can use the IPad/Tablet version of Comstice Softphone app. They can make and receive customer calls as well as enterprise calls. Calls can be routed based on the geo-location of the caller to the nearest franchise point
- Eliminate audio issues in Citrix / VDI scenarios by using mobile softphone over Wifi
- As a cloud call center and customer service tasks while keeping Cisco CUCM in place
- For phased migration of enterprise telephony services from Cisco CUCM to Amazon Connect
Figure 2: Comstice Mobile Connect app for IOS and Android can register to Cisco CUCM and Amazon Connect at the same time
Figure 3: Comstice Mobile Connect also includes Attendant Console features
- Best of both worlds: Maximising the benefits of on-premises and cloud for the enterprise telephony with this unique solution
- No VPN is required for remote users.
- Built-in audio recording, seamless mobile availability with Ready / Not Ready feature
- More flexible remote working scenarios
Figure 4: Comstice Mobile Connect Manager Assistant Skin
Try the solution in your environment. Contact us for more info.